Sunday, May 9, 2010

"What Would KaraLee Do?"



A few months ago, I had a conversation with my baby sister about our sweet mother, KaraLee. She laughed as she told me that many times as she works and improvises her way through young motherhood and home-making, she stops and asks herself...

"Okay... What would KARALEE do with this?"


I LOVED that idea! I find myself doing the exact same thing. Whenever I need to mend or hem another pair of pants, cook dinner for company, help Noah with a stumbling block, or attempt to beautify my home and garden... The thought is always there. WWKD?

My mother has become amazingly brilliant over these last years as I have been keeping my own home and raising my own child. Rather, I just realized how smart and loving she has always been, but I've been too "know-it-all" or just not ready to receive her pearls of wisdom until now. Funny how that happens!

So since it's Mother's Day today, I would just like to say a few things to my sweet mother:

Thank you for loving me.

Thank you for teaching me.

Thank you for helping me prepare to be a mother myself.

Thank you for making all my prom dresses.

Thank you for inspiring me in all things.

Thank you for planting flowers for me last summer when I needed beauty in my life more than anything.

Thank you for helping me through my journey of infertility.

Thank you for bringing music into my life.

Thank you for being Noah's "Gram with the glasses."

Thank you for loving my Daddy.

Thank you for forgiving me for all my stupidness as a teenager.

Thank you for always answering the phone when I call asking WWKD?

Thank you.

Love,

A Grateful Daughter
@>->--

2 comments:

KaraLee Stephenson said...

Oh, so sweet sentiments. You made me cry! I love the mothers my daughters have become. They have taught me so much over the years. Thank you for giving me the privilege of being your mom.

Jaime Dubois said...

I just want to say, "ditto" and "amen" to all that you have said. I feel the same way about mom, and I do ask myself WWKD often! Love all of you great examples of mothers in my life!!