Friday, May 14, 2010

Chip Faced


This post is SO about a month ago... But it's one of my favorite memories from our recent trip to beautiful Southern Oregon.

My dad makes AMAZING chocolate chip cookies... On Sundays, we would help him make a double batch of cookie dough. Then we would eat heaping spoonfuls while we wrapped up half of the dough and put it in the freezer for a later date. Then we would eat more heaping spoonfuls while we baked some of the dough into cookies. Then we would eat some more dough while we waited for the cookies to cool... See a pattern here?


While Noah and Marissa were together in Oregon, awesome Grandpa continued the tradition and helped them make their own batch of cookies. It was delightful! That's my baby sister Erin in the picture. People tell us that we look like twins and I take that as the best compliment EVER. Anyway, back to cookies. Erin and I were there to help, but we were mostly just waiting with our spoons ready... We know the drill. :)



My favorite ingredient. And Noah's, apparently.


Marissa's too!


Yes... That is Noah eating a chocolate chip off the counter top...without using his hands.


Awwwww... Perfection!!!! It was SO good.



I'm not sure just how many cookies made it into the oven, but that's not the point. Good times with Grandpa, cousins, and heaping spoonfuls. Awesome.

@>->--

2 comments:

AmyPoll said...

Your Dad's cookies are the BEST!!!

Jaime Dubois said...

I love that Dad continues that tradition with the grandkids! I have some similar pictures from last summer when Savannah made cookies with Grandpa. And...I also LOVE waiting for my heaping spoonful of cookie dough! :)

P.S. My favorite pictures...Marissa trying to wear the chocolate chips like a tube top. And...Noah licking the chocolate chip off Grandpa's granite counter top...Love it!! We are so high class! :)