Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Black


My sister and her husband lost a special member of their family last Saturday. If you have ever been lucky enough to love a dog like your own child, you know what I'm talking about.

Sweet Black left on Saturday, and she will always be loved. :) I so wish that I could be there give Jake, Jaime, Savannah, and Mr. Zach hugs all around. But instead, I will post a tribute to one of the most amazing little four-legged girls to ever live. I met Black in the summer of 2006 at Jake's family ranch. I fell in love with her eyes. She immediately rolled over and let me rub her belly for a good ten minutes. It was then that Jakeman came up and told me that Black liked to roll around in the steer pasture. He said it with a big grin... Yeah, I washed my hands. But not before loving on Black for a few more minutes.

I know that Black came into Jake's life when he needed her the most, just like he came into my sister's life when she needed him the most. :) Black is resting now at the family ranch and Jake and Jaime planted flowers over her.

We will miss you, girl. May you never find the edges of the flowery meadows wherever you are.

@>->--

3 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

A perfectly written tribute...thank you, thank you!!! My eyes are welling up with tears....

P.S. Ironically, the word verification is "hadog"...how do they know? :)

KaraLee Stephenson said...

She was a beautiful black lab. She will be missed. Sorry to lose her so soon.

Jake said...

Thank you for the sweet tribute to a beautiful, sweet, and caring dog. Black dog you did come into my life when I needed you the most. It's amazing how much unconditional love she gave to all she came in contact with. Black, you will be missed.