Saturday, October 3, 2009

Abbie Mae's Dish

Abbie here...

So the leaves have started to change colors again out here in 'Braska. This means that I am just THAT much closer to the two times per year that Mama is allowed to dress me up and treat me like a doll instead of a person (that's right...PERSON. Huh?... Dude, what's a dog?... You're weird).

Yes, Halloween is the first of those retched days. Oh, this year will be a doozy! She's already fitted me for my costume/ torture device. And YES. Once again, I'm Noah's little accessory. Well, at least we're a theme... Nevermind. I can't give it away, so just stay tuned for pictures and details. I'm sure Mama will tell you all about it in a few short weeks. But just for kicks, here's a review of my stylin' costumes from the past:


Then Thanksgiving will come and this I don't mind so much. Simply because, despite their best efforts, I know that Noah will slip me some turkey... and cheese...Mmmmmmm.

Christmas will follow and bring with it the second part of my dress up story. Both of our families have a Christmas Eve pajama tradition, and I am not excluded. To my knowledge, I only own two pairs (one flannel), but I hope that's it! Then the jingle bell nightmare begins. When I was a puppy, Mama bought a set of burgandy jingle bell ruffles that fit on each of my paws and a larger one for my neck. Now, I'm not saying that I don't wear them well. And I have been known to strut a little. But COME ON PEOPLE!!! All day long? Really???

The picture-taking abounds on all these occasions. Then Daddy usually takes pity on me and peels whatever it is that makes me sad off of me and lets me run free. He's the BEST. I understand why Mama insists on dressing me up these two times per year. I mean, I AM a cutie-pie sweetie head. And it gets me TONS of attention wherever we go. But let's just say that on Christmas Day, when Daddy finally frees me from my jingle bell hell, I breathe a sigh of relief.

Another 10 months to go until it starts again! But I KNOW where she keeps the costumes and ruffles...

... And I'm NOT afraid to take action.


1 comment:

Jaime Dubois said...

WOW! I'm loving those pretty fall leaves you have there. Our fall colors in Utah this year have been quite spectacular.

As for Abbie Mae, I'm really just dying to see what she and Noah will wear for Halloween this year. Can't wait! I look forward to dressing my own little one up for Halloween next year. Love ya! :)