Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's a Texture Thing!


Noah painted his pumpkin for our FHE activity last Monday. Daddy helped him paint his name and smiley face, and I helped him paint a heart and a bat (per his request...). His masterpiece turned out just the way a pumpkin painted by a 2 year old should! Besides, I was hoping that the paint would help him get over the whole "texture issue" with his hands and fingers. It took a LOT for Noah to put his hands into his sandbox this summer (Way to coax, Gram!) and on his first birthday, he wouldn't go near the cake because of the frosting. But once he TASTED it... he wanted to be fed with a fork. What can you do?

When the pumpkin was sufficiently coated, Kevin and I convinced him to ditch the brushes and use his fingers and hands. He had a BLAST, and asked to paint again a few days later. That's my Monet...


I'll send a king-sized candy bar to ANYONE who can interpret exactly what Noah describes in this video about his visit to the pumpkin farm.... Really. I'm not kidding. I mean, I KNOW what he says, but I wanted to make this interesting! Enjoy...





2 days until costume reveal!!!

Nicole
@>->--

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Painting the pumpkin...that is such a great idea for young kids. How fun!

Jaime Dubois said...

Seriously...what a great idea to have him paint the pumpkin. And, he seems to be over his texture issues...no problems there!

I just want to say that I think he has the cutest, sweetest little boy voice...and I have absolutely NO idea what he said about the pumpkin farm...I've really got nothin'!!

Happy Halloween, you Smith people!!!!

Erin said...

I listen to a 2 year old all day, but I'm so confused. I swear I heard something about the big pumpkin, music, and mickey mouse. Maybe a hayride. Wow. Thank goodness parents can interpret their own kids. Also, I would just like to comment on how Abbie's tail is WAY Down in the costume pictures. She love/hated it.