Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November

Wow... Two short blogs in one day. Never done that before!

But I'm blogging a second time today to spread the good news about November.

It's........














I'm still hoping that this month will bring a new miracle to our family. BUT even if it doesn't, it's hard to outshine our first miracle (who happens to be sleeping soundly upstairs next to his favorite Elmo book...)

Help us celebrate the spirit of this amazing month. And how wonderful that it is the same month where we focus on giving THANKS. :) I'll celebrate tonight by sharing one of my favorite poems. When we brought our little boy home, my family posted this poem and many other beautiful thoughts on the walls of his nursery. It was the perfect welcome home.

The Answer (To An Adopted Child)

Not flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone
But still miraculously
My own.

Never forget
For a single minute,
You did not grow under my heart,
But in it.

~ Fleur Conkling Heyliger


Love,
An Adoptive Mother
@>->--

2 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

Ohhhh...you don't even know how badly I want this month to be your month! You are an amazing mother, Nicole...don't ever forget that. Give that little miracle boy a big huge hug from me. :)

Jones said...

I posted about National Adoption month too!! I mentioned you and left a link to your blog (hope that's ok). I'm keeping you in our prayers that your next little family member is brought to you soon!!!