Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Delivery


Still celebrating November! :)

Cherie Call sings the most BEAUTIFUL song about adoption called "Delivery."

I love this song because it explains how both parties in an adoption are perfectly and divinely interwoven with each other, with the child at the very heart of it all.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



After we brought Noah home, I remember our parents telling us to never let anyone tell me that I didn't go through labor for my son. It meant a lot to me, because we'd been through SO much with waiting, praying, struggling and humbling ourselves so that we could bring home a baby. Sometimes I don't think that some people realize that. I've had many discussions with my sisters and others about the insensitive things that people say. Yes, I actually did have someone tell me that I did it "the easy way." And Yes, she was pregnant. :) I just wish I could have shown her the other side for just a second. But all that doesn't matter really. I know that I didn't go through the physical pain of child birth, but I did feel every second of those 8 years of heartache and unknown... And that was MY delivery.

He was SOOOOO worth it. :)


Love,
Nicole
@>->--

6 comments:

Kim said...

Nicole...you are an awesome mom and I think Noah is such a lucky/blessed boy.

Jaime Dubois said...

Beautiful song, beautiful words in this post (especially about YOUR labor and YOUR delivery, which I completely agree with), and beautiful baby boy!! I just adore little Noah! I loved talking with him this morning...even if he did think I was Gram. :) I am so glad I can look to you as such a great example of what a mother is and should be. Love you all!!

Brianna said...

Physical pain of delivery has NOTHING on the pain and heartache of the unknown... which I think at times causes actual physical pain.

Adoption is such a labor of love on both sides, and that song is perfect for describing that. Thank you so much for being so open about your feelings... it's refreshing and incredibly touching.

P.S.- He was soooo worth it... look at that face!

Amanda said...

Love the song....In fact I'm sitting here bawling as I type this.:)

Cindy said...

Nicole,

What an awesome blog! You are a very wonderful mom and I wish you all heaven's blessings for another baby to join your family soon.

Keep smiling!! :)

Brenda Scarlett said...

You and Kevin are such great parents and no matter how Noah came to be your child he is YOURS :) For all eternity. What a blessed little boy to have two people who love him as much as you do. And how blessed are you to have such a wonderful little man. He is him because of YOU. Because of the love you guys have for him and the way you have raised him. Never let anyone tell you or let you feel as though you anything but 100% parents! Love you all :)