Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow days...


So... What did YOU all do this week in your own splendid corners of this country?

We were snowed in and then ICED in with wind chills around -35 below. I've heard similar stories from some of you many miles away. Kevin showed me the satellite view of the storm and I couldn't believe it. So crazy.


Needless to say, by Monday afternoon everyone in the city had been to the store for milk, water, and firewood. Then the city quieted down and waited. I slid all over the roads on my way home from such errands around 2:00pm Monday afternoon. I didn't get in the car again until this morning when Noah went back to school. Schools were cancelled for Tuesday and Wednesday, and so was Kevin's work! Very unheard of.... So we all stayed in our jammies for three days and tried to entertain ourselves. We did alright. :) We ate Kevin's award-winning homemade chili and homemade bread, and lots of birthday cake (NEXT POST, I PROMISE!!!).

So, WHAT do you DO when there's a snow drift outside your front door and your eyeballs freeze when you let the dog outside? You build a fort, of course!!!! Kev and Noes had a great time with this one. Eventually it turned into a pirate ship. But that's another story.


Eventually we pushed open the front door and opened the garage so that Kevin could shovel away the drift just in case we needed to get out. We didn't want it to turn to ice like the rest of the city! Good times....


When the city opened back up this morning, the roads were all ice, but then the sun came back out and we have the promise of 30 degree weather for the next few days. Happy Thawing!!! This is the scene around town this morning.


At least we can still see the street signs! Well, most of them.

Love,

Someone who's wearing 3 pairs of socks AND my slippers right now.... Yeah.
@>->--

2 comments:

Smith family said...

Brrrrrrr! It makes me cold just looking at your photos. What fun to have an excuse to stay home from work and build a play fort and stay in your jammies. Three pairs of socks AND slippers, I don't think I could keep my slippers on while wearing three pair of socks. Hope you're in for warmer weather.

Jaime Dubois said...

Sounds like you handled all that craziness just perfectly...I would have voted for the homemade chili, a pirate ship fort, and jammies too! Stay warm over there, and take care of each other. We love you guys! :)