Friday, February 25, 2011

A "Forceful" Moment...


Well, he's at it again.

My little Darth Vader has had a few new adventures lately. I wish to report on one in particular.


Ever since that awesome Volkswagen Superbowl commercial came out, Noah has been marching around the house trying to "force" everything. Well, Wednesday evenings are very busy for us. I usually have a meeting at the church and Kevin has Young Men's or Scouts activities. So we make a family trek down to the church building and Noes will hang out with one of us until the other is finished. He's a real trooper (so to speak!). This past Wednesday, I finished my meeting and Kevin was still playing basketball, so I decided to take dude to Kohl's for some light shopping. Please keep in mind that Noah is COMPLETELY garbed from head to toe as Darth Vader. Mask and all.

So we approach the automatic doors at Kohl's, and Noah stops just outside, takes his best Vader stance, and uses "the force" to open the doors. He does it again to open the second set of doors just inside. I thought it was pretty cute. What I didn't realize was that there were a number of people inside waiting to check out and they saw the whole thing! We entered the store to some applauding for my little Darth Vader, and everyone smiling. One guy even said to Noah as we walked by, "Dude, that was awesome...."

I'm not SURE because he had his mask on still... but I think Noah was beaming. :)


Here's a continuation of the first Volkswagen commercial if you haven't found it yet. REALLY funny. It's the "making of" version. Noah's favorite part is at the very end with the doll. I personally like when his Dad and Mom bowed down to him. I do that daily it seems.

Enjoy!





I'm off to fix Darth his lunch... May the force be with you all today!

Love,
Nicole
@>->--


3 comments:

Smith family said...

I wish we could have seen that at Kohl's. Noah seems like such a natural, in my mind when I see that commercial I picture Noah under that black Darth Vader cape.

Jaime Dubois said...

Awesome! That is definitely some force!! :)

laura said...

so awesome