Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Moooooooo


So sorry for the lack of blogging of late. Noah, Abbie, and I are vacaying in Utah for the next few weeks!!! Yes, Kevin is home by himself... With a fridge full of food, a pantry full of junk food, a bin full of baking potatoes, and a 55" LCD sah-WEET television all to himself during March Madness..... Right? We miss each other, but we will be back together again soon. :)

Anywhoo! Noah and I are enjoying the wonderful hospitality of my brother and his beautiful family here in Springville. And as we take the scenic little drive up to the freeway to run errands, we say hello to all the sheep, horses, and cows along the way. Today, I started singing the barnyard song that Phoebe sings to a group of little children on friends. Not sure what I'm talking about? Well, let me help you:




Makes me smile every time. So we're driving by the cows today and I just sing "the cow in the meadow goes MOO" a few times and stop. My little boy in the back seat asks me how the rest of the song goes. I guess I've never sung it to him. Ah... all the firsts.... I decided to preface the song with a little explanation. It turned into quite a hilarious "Ah-ha!" moment.

Noah: "Hey Mommy, how does that song end?"

Me: "Well, you know how all meat and hamburger that we eat comes from cows, right?"

Long pause.... I look at him in the rear view mirror.

Noah (very wide-eyed): "..... WHAT??????!!!!!????"


Yeah, guess I dropped the ball on that one. Should have told him sooner. Ah, the firsts.... Don't worry. I finished the song for him and he got a good laugh out of it. AND he still ate most of his burger at lunchtime.

Moo,

Nicole
@>->--

1 comment:

Jaime Dubois said...

So funny! I can just see it now. The best is that now he won't stop singing it!! :)