Friday, June 4, 2010

Cleaning "UP"



SPOILER ALERT: This blog contains information about a certain movie and its major plot points. If you haven't yet seen this movie... Why NOT??????

As you probably know, one of Noah's most favorite movies EVER is UP.

He loves to imagine that he's actually Carl Fredrickson and that he lives in the Up house. He reenacts every scene imaginable from the movie. For example, the other day I came out of my laundry room to find the coat closet open and the cord to my vacuum cleaner unwound and stretched into the living room. Intrigued, I dared to follow the electrical cord until I found the plug. Noah was pulling with all his might on the "rope to the Up house!" He was pretending that he was good ol' Carl and that he had to pull on the garden hose to keep the house from falling off the big air ship. Outstanding. My vacuum cord remained unwound and all over the place for the next week or so. Until I put it away and got an ear-full about it! It's not surprising to see Noah with his 3D glasses on and using his "walking stick" whenever he's playing around the house. I just have to be well versed and on top of whichever scene he is playing at the moment. And I do pretty well... Until the other day....

Just after breakfast I heard a HUGE commotion coming from Noah's bedroom upstairs. This actually is common... but this time there were loud thumps and a few booms and bangs. I didn't even guess... I just ran up the stairs. By the time I got there, this is what I found in his room:



Can you spot Abbie in this picture?



Yeah... You know that scene toward the end of the movie where Carl figures out that if he throws all the furniture and his belongings OUT of the house, it will fly again? Well, that's what Noah was doing. Quite fervently! He even threw his bookshelf:



What did I do? What did I say? I just laughed... and took a few pictures. What can you do? I did tell him that I didn't want him to do that every day though. Let's be clear. Then my little Carl said, "Yeah... this is just a silly mess. But I will clean it up before I go to bed, O-Tay?"

I promised that I would help. :)


1 comment:

Jaime Dubois said...

I love the imagination of that kid! And...may I say that you handled it all marvelously!!!! So glad that you documented the moment! :D