Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Swing and a Wiffffff-le Ball


A few fun things from this weekend: We cleaned out the garage on Saturday (Nicole is all about the spring cleaning) and we took advantage of the empty garage to practice Noah's swing. Note the immense concentration!

He was doing so well that I had Nicole go and get the camera to take some video. Of course, his hit streak ended at about the same time. I know the video is a little long, but I think it's worth it to see the payoff at the end. (I considered editing it down, but there are too many cute little Noah moments in there!)


The observant among you may have noticed that Noah is batting right-handed in the picture but left-handed in the video. We think he just might end up being a lefty since he tends to prefer throwing and catching with his left and he naturally picks up and holds the bat like a lefty. Might as well make him a switch-hitter.

Another fun development from this weekend was that Noah and I got summer haircuts. Nicole will get hers following girls' camp but I doubt she'll get it this short... even though I keep offering to cut it for her ;)





I can just hear my Dad saying "Why would you cut your hair so short while you still have it?" My only response is that I can finally tell how quickly I'm losing my hair!

~Kevin

4 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

Ohhhhh...he's a natural at playing ball! I love how much he concentrates and his positioning with his bum sticking out. Cracks me up!! :)

B said...

Are you guys going to put him in Little league? And I like the buzzed heads - Clay is going to shave his head before field training. And I mean shave. He is going completely bald. Maybe you should try that look next :)

Smith family said...

You boys better wear caps this summer or your heads will be sunburned! I love the concentration on Noah's face and the repositioning of his feet as he gets ready to swing. When he bends his knees to loosen up, his cute little bum sticks out! What a cutie!

AmyPoll said...

So cute...we will have to get a wiffle ball game going at the reunion with all the little ones!!!