Friday, April 30, 2010

"Little B"


I love my little girl.

Today, like many mornings, I woke up to find her all curled up and warm next to my tummy and I just smiled. She does this thing where she will saunter up to wherever you're laying down and will literally "fall" against you and then slide down to a sleeping position. She just wants to be as CLOSE to your body as possible. :)

She'd had a very rough night. We were under Severe Thunderstorm Warning and Tornado Watch all night, and the rain, thunder, and lightning were relentless. I maxed her out on Xanax and then all Kevin and I could do was hold her against her will while her heart beat like a little crazy drum inside her tiny ribcage. So I was glad to see her resting peacefully when I woke up this morning.


For those of you who know our Little B and have held her and loved on her, I'm sure you know what I mean when I say that she's very tender and sweet. I've never seen a face like she has on other shih tzus. I hope she's with us for many more years of scratching at the back door, barking at me when she wants some attention (only every now and then!), putting up with Noah kissing her over and over, and pure snuggly-ness.

When Abbie came into my life, I finally started calling myself "Mommy." And she filled a part of the gaping hurt in my heart and filled the emptiness in my arms. I love her more than she'll ever know.

She's my baby girl.


2 comments:

C said...

Poor little thing.
She really has such a sweet, loving personality. I'll always remember her wrestling with Hayley the first time they met. Hayley's wanted a little doggy ever since.

Be careful you guys!!!
Do you have a basement?

Jaime Dubois said...

I love Abbie too!!! Give her some love from me since she had such a rough night.

Jaime