Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mr. Cowboy Gardner


Noah and I planted some tulip bulbs in the Fall before the snow came. We've been anxiously awaiting their arrival this Spring! I've never planted bulbs before, so I was curious if they would really grow. I've heard that sometimes the flowers don't come up the first year, especially if it's been really cold. THAT would be the case here in 'Braska. :)



My little cowboy has been pressing his nose to the glass door every morning since the snow has melted to see if the flowers have made their way up to the sunshine yet. Sure enough! Here they are. They are fully bloomed yellow, red, and blue beauties now. But these pictures were taken when they first arrived. Noah couldn't help but do the "I'm an AWESOME gardner" dance. I think I did, too...


Oh, and Buzz Lightyear did the jig as well. After all, he DID help. :)


Hmmmm.... What should I plant NEXT year? I'm already inspired. What did YOU all plant this spring?

Love,
Nicole
@>->--

1 comment:

Jaime Dubois said...

I love that you planted tulips! And...I love that Noah helped you (his little cowboy look is adorable btw)! I planted some tulip bulbs in a pot last year for the first time ever. They turned out so beautiful that I had to do it this year too. Bur, this year I also planted daffodils. They have been my favorite so far! Well, happy planting...it is so much fun to make things grow!!!