Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The "Eyes" Have It


Time to hang up the quarantine sign on our front door... Noah has his first official case of Pink Eye. Poor little boy. I noticed it last night as I was reading him bedtime stories. His eye looked a little goopy. Huh, I thought. I've seen that a hundred times before, only usually in the mirror. I swear that I've had Pink Eye a hundred times in my short life. Probably twice a year during my childhood and always at the most inopportune times. Right before a birthday sleepover, the morning of school pictures, before a big date... I could go on!

So this morning I was sure to check his eye right away. Sure enough, that beautiful perfect little eye was bright pink and crusted shut. I grabbed the little hands reaching to rub the pain away and got him settled on the couch with a warm washcloth and a favorite movie. Fortunately, his doctor's office offered to just call in a prescription rather than bring him in for a visit. I could have bear-hugged the triage nurse! That made my day. I was headed to Target anyway.

So hopefully those sweet, sweet little peepers will be back to normal in 36 hours, pending successful eye drop administration between now and then. We'll see!

Love,
Someone who knows what he's going through :)


2 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

Ooohhh...so sorry that little Noah has to go through that. Hope he feels better soon!!

Amanda said...

Yuck...Blake had that a few months ago, he HATED the drops!