Monday, February 15, 2010

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake


Noah's cake was a lot of fun this year. I had a great time creating it, although I opted not to create the main picture myself using frosting tips, patience, wax paper and prayers like last time! I found the most amazing website that has pre-printed edible icing sheets with just about any character you can think of and in many sizes... For very affordable prices. I thought I would give it a try. I was NOT disappointed and would recommend this to anyone.


The design turned out far better than anything I could have tried and I loved the way the sheet just MELTED into the icing I'd just put on the cake. Pretty cool stuff! Next year I think I'll try to create something 100% by ME, only because it's fun to try no matter what it looks like. :) Can't wait to see what Noah will want next year.

The MVP ingredient for this cake:


I used the Pampered Chef Checkerboard cake pan set to create NEON green and purple craziness:


A cute little helper...


The awesome topper... I wondered how they would ship it to me. Turns out that it arrived in a USPS Priority mail envelope with a piece of cardboard to keep it protected. Who knew???


Paper Thin:


Because it was a square piece of icing going onto a round cake, we had to trim the edges a bit. Kev and I both tried the remnants and it pretty much tasted like rice paper. We watched over the next hour or so as it just "melted" into the frosting and became part of the cake. I was a little freaked out personally (like cornmeal). But it was cool.

Then I picked Noah up and showed him his birthday cake. Kevin caught his reaction:


Add a little more neon green icing and TAH-DAH!!!!


Man, it was good. Buttercream frosting...

Until next year, cake lovers!!!

Nicole
@>->--

2 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

That is so stinkin' COOL!! I'm coming to you for ideas when I have to make Zach's first birthday cake. You are amazing, Nicole! Noah is so lucky to have you for his mommy!! :)

Erin said...

Yumm! I want one of those cake pan thingeys...going on my wishlist.