Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sweet Anke


My siblings and I BEGGED my parents for a dog for years. So when Jaime and I left for COLLEGE, of course sweet little Anke Mae joined our family. :) Yeah... I came home for the summer and had the first of many great adventures with that little ball of fur. I would say ball of "fluff" but that has an entirely DIFFERENT meaning when it comes to Anke Mae. (All the Stephensons should be laughing right now... Yes, Anke knows just how to silently clear a room.)

She's had many names over the years... Each with their own little story. She is also known as:

Anke Dog
Puppers
Pupperazzi
Stinky Dog
Baby Dog
Baby Girl
The Ice Princess
Cheeky Cheeky Dog
Ka
Angel
The Fly Killer
Orka Mae
Aink (This is Kevin's...)
Erin's Anke Mae of Pepperwood

I know that I'm forgetting a few. Help me out, family.

Our sweet Anke Mae will turn 13 this April, and she's slowed down so much since those few summers we had together before I got married and stopped coming home during school break. She needs help getting up and off the couches, her little joints hurt, and she's blinded by cataracts. But we wouldn't have her any other way. :)


I loved this touching moment at Christmas. Kevin was the first one to join our family by marriage and he has pretty much been part of the family since before Anke joined the scene. Anke ADORES him and I think the feeling is mutual. During breakfast on Christmas morning, Kev saw her laying on the rug and laid down with her for awhile. She melted right in, as only a sweet little warm dog can!

We love you, Anke Mae... Stay with us awhile longer. :)

Love,

The one that first saw you at the pet store and laid the BIGGEST guilt trip EVER on unprepared parents that evening (with Erin's help...)

3 comments:

Erin said...

This is absolutely true! Didn't we continue the guilt trip with a visit to Dad's office the next day? We were relentless. Anyway, I think you are forgetting Balki Sue (not sure of spelling) as that is what Chad called her in his teenage years. I can't believe Anke is getting so old...it makes me feel old. Nicole, thanks for convincing Mom and Dad to buy Anke. She's the best of friends and your even better!

Erin said...

That would be "you're" as in you are.

Jaime Dubois said...

I love that puppy dog! I feel so sad that she has had a tough week. I hope she can hang in there a bit longer with us. We love you Anke!!