Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Holy War


It's SUPER BOWL TIME!!!! This IS Nicole blogging... And for those of you who don't know, I'm a big football fan. Mostly college football (THAT'S the stuff...) but I enjoy the NFL every now and then. Especially when Peyton Manning is involved. Kevin and I grew to love the Colts when we lived in Indiana, but never actually got to go to one of their games. Bummer! They were always on Sunday nights. :(

I think I'm the odd woman out among most of our friends when it comes to loving football. Most of the time the guys will be talking about that great game the other night, and they will give me the most quizzical looks when I chime right in. A few have approached me about talking to their wives about such things so that football can become a FAMILY Saturday activity! Yeah, Kevin owes a lot to my dad. I think I truly learned to love football from him. When I was younger, Dad was always away at class, work, or doing rounds at the hospital while he finished his medical school/ residency. But I remember those rare moments when he had some down time at home and he crashed in the living room in front of a good game. I LOVED just being with him. And football was just fine with me. :)

So today is a tough game for Kevin and me. We love the Colts, but if the Saints win it wouldn't be such a bad thing. When one is so conflicted about who to root for, what else is there to do....

But MAKE CUPCAKES!!!


Kevin has quite the crafty/ creative side. I was grateful for his help. I just don't think the fleur de lis would have turned out so beautifully if I'd done them....

Um... I did some of the horse shoes... And all of the white dots... Yeah.

So tonight will be a great game no matter what.

Oh, who am I kidding????

Go Colts all the way!!!!

There, I feel better.

Love,
"Go my favorite sports team, Go! Score a goal/ unit/ basket... Beat the opponents soundly, in the skirmish!!!"

1 comment:

Jaime Dubois said...

I'm definitely impressed! And...now I am craving some serious cupcakes! So sorry that your Colts didn't win.