Saturday, March 7, 2009

A few items of interest...

First, I know some of you out there are BYU grads. I'm sure you received some post cards or phone calls in the past requesting information for the big alumni directory. Well Nicole ordered one this year and it came in the mail yesterday. I really didn't expect it to be as cool as it is. Good thing they sent the electronic version because this book is BIG. We spent some time looking up everybody we could think, including every member of our immediate family that graduated from BYU.




Second, I saw this video of Louis C.K. on Eric Snider's website (THE best movie critic btw) and we thought it was pretty funny. I guess we should all remember how amazing our world really is and not complain so much.




And finally, the most important part of this post. Do you have any little songs that get stuck in your head sometimes? Are those songs ever 20 years old and you used to see them on commercials on Saturday mornings? If you ever tell anyone about this little song do they just think you're crazy? Well I discovered validation this week. For almost 20 years now whenever someone says "It don't matter if you're black or white" I don't think of Michael Jackson... I think of Barenaked Ladies!




~Kevin

4 comments:

Erin said...

What did the book say about Chad and I? That is one big directory!

Heather and Jason said...

Ok, first off, I'm sad to sat that you will not find my name in that big book because I attended the OTHER school. Also, I was a little surprised when I clicked on the Bare Naked Ladies link because I actually knew that song...at least the part that you were talking about. I do the same thing Kevin, "It don't matter if your black or white or purple or green or red or if you've got polka dots on your head." I don't think of Michael Jackson and I certainly didn't remember where I had heard this but there you go.

Amanda said...

I just have to say that I hate you for tricking me into watching that alien video, but I guess I'll be okay since I liked the video of the guy before it!

Jaime Dubois said...

Just like Erin, what did the book say about me? I almost bought one, but then decided against it. Now, I might be regretting that decision since it looks so cool!