Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And My Favorite Was.....


MATT GIRAUD!!!!! Yes, it's that time again when we all sit for up to four hours each week and watch hopeful Idols either jump for joy and sit back down on the "safe couch," or cry and watch their dreams crumble. Until that bright beautiful day in May when it comes down to just two and we learn who INDEED is crowned the next American Idol. If you can't tell, Kevin and I are American Idol nerds and have been from Season One when Kelly gave us all hope for the future of American singers! Actually, she's still one of my favorites. I think that there are very few idol contestants and winners that can hold their own against Kelly Clarkson. David Cook is one of them. :)

So back to last night... May I just say that the boys KILLED it! Allison did great, but I didn't like her song (not her fault). But Adam, Matt, Kris, and Danny were amazing. I hope they go far. Adam is one of kind and I've been a fan since day one. Danny has the most amazing "grit" to his voice that Kevin and I both love. Kris was so good with his guitar! He definitely had a John Mayer/ Jason Mraz vibe about him that I liked. But the leader last night... In MY humble opinion... is Matt. Human Nature is my favorite Michael Jackson song and when they announced that he was singing it, I literally jumped off the couch. Seriously, I've watched it about 20 times already today. He was SCATTING in FALSETTO, people!!! In-credible. And after each time, Noah would clap and give his Yaaaeeey and then sign more. You got it, kid!

Even though we're AI nerds, we haven't voted since Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood. It's not that we don't want our voices heard (Believe you me!). But I think we're just more curious to see what "America" would do on their own (.... Ehem... Follow Simon Cowell...). But ever since we saw Matt in Hollywood week, Kevin swears that if he keeps singing the blues like that, he will pick up the phone for him! It will be interesting...

I've decided to keep an American Idol poll going this season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I've taken the liberty of casting my first votes from last night. So feel free to participate each week! I've set it up so that you can vote for as many as you liked. So even if you can't ever get through on the phone, you can still cast your vote HERE!

Seacrest OUT,

Nicole
@>->--

7 comments:

B said...

We have similar taste. I am hoping Matt will do the bluesy thing because when he did Coldplay I wasn't a big fan but he's got a great blues voice! Clay's favorite by far is Adam because "he knows how to rock!" and I agree but I can't always watch him with his dramatic facial expressions. Clay said "If he is gay I am even willing to overlook that this time!" But I think my favorite right now is Danny. I am predicting a Danny vs. Adam finale but we'll see!

Jaime Dubois said...

I love your post! Jake and I are also AI nerds, and we will admit it. We have watched religiously, and I have also been a fan since season one. Our favorites from last night were Danny, Matt, Adam, Alexis, Allison, and Kris. The boys definitely did well. We look forward to each week. If I have to pick a favorite, I would have to say probably Danny right now...plus he has a heartwarming story to back him up.

Also, I love that Noah is fast becoming an AI fan. Oh, I wish I could hear the "Yaaaeeey" in person. I seriously watch the video of him saying it to cheer me up on a bad day. :)

P.S. Love the "Seacrest OUT!" It made me giggle a little.

malinda said...

You guys are such AI nerds!!!...ok so are we.

chaela said...

Tuesday night was my first exposure to this season of American Idol. I was about to go to school to do homework and then they announced it was MICHAEL JACKSON NIGHT so I had to stay at home and clean/do dishes/do a sudoko or two instead (of COURSE). I missed your friend Matt! I'm sorry. I will go to the website to watch. I thought they gave the 'Black or White' guy a little bit too much hype. I really like the chick's voice who sang 'Rockin' Robin' and I'm excited to hear what she does in the future. Actually, come to think of it, I don't even know who got kicked off!

Two more things about that episode:
--Simon was right about that guy bringing the wife out too early! Something gets lost when you realize a hunk is hitched.
--I totally said 'kind of Jason Mrazy' right before Randy did! I was alone so I don't have anyone to defend it, but I probably wouldn't have admitted that I talk out loud when I'm alone if I wasn't telling the truth.

I love you guys!!!

Jones said...

LOL, I must confess, I am a HUGE idol nerd as well!

from day one Danny has been my top!
Matt is another favorite. I think there's some really good talent this year...Jasmine and Jorge, that was dead on! I thought they should go.

now this guy with the guitar, chris? yeah, sorry I'm NOT a fan.

now bo bice was good but carrie has been my ALL time favorite!!! then taylor hicks, oh man, I voted that Season.

and from last season, John Michaels...hubba hubba! and carly was a favorite of mine. david cook, I just couldn't stand his hair, but by the end I guess it grew on me.

Did you see my post of when I met David Archuletta?! he did a youth fireside here, so awesome!

ok, now I just want to sit here and recap and talk idols past and present ALL day!! LOL

Smith family said...

Mom and I try to watch this each week but due to meetings etc we DVR it. However, I still didn't see all the show so I go to rickey.com where I watch all the performances in about 20 minutes. That way I don't have to sit through all the dribble. Too much time having to listen to the judges this year when there critiques center around their clothes or song choice. I'm not hooked on anyone yet. Sorry Nicole but we can't stand Adam. That was even before his man kisses hit the web. American idol needs to be someone who doesn't have the professional background. As far as I remember all the winners have been regular Americans and singing was just something on the side. Go Daughtry!

Smith family said...

Oops, that web address was supposed to be rickey.org