Sunday, November 7, 2010

Learning from the Master


Reason #8, 467 why it's AWESOME when Gram and Grandpa come to visit Nebraska....

Noah carved his first pumpkin!!!!!

His first two Halloweens he was just too little, too disinterested, or I was by myself with a 20 month-old and a puppy and we had just moved to Nebraska (Kevin was in Dallas for 8 weeks of training... Fun.). Needless to say, I didn't exactly feel like tackling pumpkins. But last year Noah picked out his very own pumpkin from the farm and he painted it. Still no carving experience.... Until last week! We all went to Roca Berry Farm and Gram and Grandpa helped Noah pick out a beauty. More to come on the pumpkin farm soon...

I just want to put it out there that my mom is a MASTER pumpkin-carving FIEND... For those of you who have seen her work, you know what I say is true. :) So I guess you could say that Noah has now learned from the best. I'll just have to put forth a good effort next year. The big pumpkin that we picked out had a large rotten area inside and toward the back. So we did our best with it. Still we had fun and you know, it's just not Halloween without a Jack-O-Lantern.


'Course now he's in love with the sharp little carving knives!


One happy carver. :)


MooooooaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!

Nicole
@>->--

1 comment:

Jaime Dubois said...

Love it! I also learned from the MASTER and have somehow become obsessed with pumpkin carving ever since. Halloween isn't quite Halloween without carving a pumpkin. I love how the candles work so perfectly to be the eyes. What an awesome experience for little Noah! :)