Thursday, November 18, 2010

Buckets

This is for all you Medfordites out there! Kyle Singler, All-American basketball star playing for Duke, is one of Medford's own sons. Kevin and I had just moved back home after finishing graduate school and we LOVED going with my dad to watch Kyle play at our old high school, South Medford (Go Panthers!!!). I remember the press conference when he announced he was going to Duke and South went on to take the State Championship that year. Good times, good times... It's kind of funny, but I also associate Kyle Singler with our Noah because it was during that basketball season that we were emailing back and forth with Jillian and hoping that we might adopt VERY soon! In fact, I remember sitting and watching the basketball game at South and keeping my cell phone in my hand the whole time the night before Noah was born. If it was going to ring, I didn't want to miss it. My phone was my lifeline to Jillian and to Noah. I could barely breath during those few days and watching Kyle Singler and the panthers play was a very welcome distraction. :)

Plus, he's just super AWESOME... Enjoy! Dad, this is for you if you haven't seen it yet. Thanks for all the basketball tickets and for making memories with us. :)


2 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

That's awesome!!! :)

Melissa Telford said...

How neat to see a small town Medford guy do big things! :) Miss you guys.