Saturday, December 12, 2009

Wrapping, Decorating, Smiling....


How sad... Do you remember that BEAUTIFUL 23 pound pumpkin that we hand-picked from the farm? Yeah... It became a Thanksgiving decoration. I just ran out of time to carve it before Halloween. Oh, and then it snowed. Oh well!


We've been busy! We're going home to Oregon for Christmas this year and we leave a week from today... Couldn't be more excited if I TRIED. But we'll see. :) So we've been wrapping presents, sending Christmas cards, and getting everything ready, packaged, and sent before we take off next weekend. For those of you who really know me, you know that I'm usually done with my Christmas shopping by August and I take care of all the "last minute" things on Black Friday. Yes, it sounds crazy. But my birthday, Abbie's birthday, Christmas, New Year's, and my wedding anniversary are all in December. So the last thing THIS girl wants is to be stressed about gifts and wrapping paper all month long! I've learned to get it done and enjoy the last month of the year. Okay, okay... I will ask my doctor about medication for this next time. :)


Noah helped me wrap our presents this year. He's learning to use his little red scissors and it doing pretty well. So grown up!

BTW - NOAH took this picture of me... He's become quite the photographer lately. But that's another blog... coming very soon!


Even though we're leaving, we still decorated our little home for Christmas. Of course!!! Here's us tackling the tree:

Abbie supervised... This is her saying, "Yeah, those little lights aren't twinkling, Clark..."

Oh, the stockings!!!


Noah and Daddy trimming the tree:





Yes, Christmas is definitely in the air!!! Can't wait to be in Oregon this year. It's been awhile. :) Hope you're all staying warm wherever you are. Reports from various family members tell me that it's unusually COLD everywhere... Except Florida. Sorry, Boo!!! Still looking for a way to send you snow! I mean, I've got plenty.

Trying to find a place for Abbie to go potty,

Nicole

3 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

Oh, I'm SOOOO jealous that you get to go to Oregon for Christmas...we were supposed to be there this year too but the baby has changed EVERYTHING!! We wouldn't change it though. :) I love that you do so many fun, wonderful traditions with your little family. Noah will remember these times. Have a Merry Christmas, and say "hi" to Oregon for me!! Love ya lots from the Dubois gang!

Erin said...

I am so jealous as well. Any chance you can come next year too? We have got to coordinate this some time so we go to Oregon on the same years! Also, I can't believe you still have that sweatshirt....Lastly, I am so hot (yes, temperature-wise) and can only imagine how cold everyone else is (we are getting record highs), so soak up some cold for me. Thanks for thinking of me. I am thinking of you often :)

Amy Simms said...

How fun! I am so glad you get to go home for Christmas. Have a safe trip and a very fun Christmas!

Love, Amy Jane

ps. Love the red cowboy hat! TOO CUTE!