Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow Baby


I must say that my great "snow" expectations for Nebraska have fallen short so far this winter. We've had maybe one or two good snow storms, some really Freakin' cooooooooold temperatures, but then several warm patches that melted all the snow away before we could play in it for real. Jordan and Christina and the girls gave us the most awesome two-person snow tube that a body has ever beheld for Christmas. Alas... in the box it stays for now. It's not that I wish so many feet of snow on everyone out here. I just thought that we would have a whole lot more seeing as how we're in the middle of 'Braska now! Sure, ice storms of plenty, but snow? Okay, I'll stop or I'm going to jinx the commuters tomorrow...

Fortunately, when the snow has fallen briefly, we did get to backyard in time for a snow ball fight or two. Because it was so cold when it snowed, the flakes were so dry and fluffy. We may as well have been tossing powdered sugar or flour at each other... Very COLD flour. Noah and Kevin sure had fun the other day.










Here's a little video of the assaults. Noah would wind up for the hit and end up with everything in his hands right in his own face! Hey, but give him a football and watch out... Kid has serious arm. Enjoy!




And the BEST part of a snow ball fight... The warming up afterwards.

Ah, rosy cheeks.

Love,
Nicole
@>->--


4 comments:

Brenda Scarlett said...

I totally agree with you on the snow thing!!!! I'm still waiting for the 6 inches can't open the front door day :) The guys look so cute in their snowball fight!!

Jaime Dubois said...

Love the pictures and video of Noah in the snow...what a cute laugh he has! He looks so cute in his snow gear. Sorry the snow hasn't been more perfect. Love you guys!

P.S. Those rosy cheeks are something else! We have seen a few of those around our place. :)

Erin said...

Oh yeah, that's what snow looks like. I forgot! Maybe I need to visit this "Braska" to jog my memory ;) However, it got down to 37 degree F here last night. I thought I was going to freeze my bum off. Noah is getting so big. I love the giggles. Marissa loved watching Noah, but I could totally tell she had no idea what was going on. It was funny to watch.

Mark and Ashley said...

Seriously, that shirt that Kevin is wearing is freaking awesome. Blackacre was one of my fondest memories of law school. DO you know where I can get one?