Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthday Boy

Noah's birthday was a great day. I still can't believe that I have a 2 year old. But since he has now started saying the word NO, I'm believing it more everyday. :) Is it wrong that Kevin and I still think it's so cute when he says it? Yeah, good times.

Noah's birthday theme this year was OBVIOUSLY Elmo and friends! But Daddy and Mommy also gave him some Veggie Tales books and Larry and Bob stuffed friends (we couldn't resist!). He also got Mega Blocks. By noon, Noah had partied, unwrapped presents, watched a little Sesame Street, had his chocolate cake, and popped a few balloons. Then it was on to church! By the time bedtime came, I think he was definitely ready... just so long as his new friends (Larry and Bob) could come too!

We went to his 2 year check-up yesterday and he is right on schedule. He weighed in at 28.5 pounds (60th percentile) and was 33.5 inches tall (about 25th percentile). This was the first time that Noah got to stand on the little scale to take his weight. They have this little built in handle bar thing that helps them to balance and he grabbed on and stood as still as possible! What a cutie! I can't believe how grown up he's become. Anyway, he had the doctor laughing the whole time and can I just say that it's SOOOOO much nicer to have doctors appointments when I can actually hear what the doctor is saying????? Up until about a month ago, a trip to the doctor meant that Noah would scream and cry the whole time. Who can blame him, though, when inevitably there are shots involved.. sniff sniff. But no more shots for my little boy until kindergarten. Yippee!!!!

Balloons and Streamers!



The Birthday Boy's chair and opening presents the night before:





Giving the Elmo card kisses!







Caaaaaaaaaaaaake....





No holding back!





Giving the Elmo card HUGS... :)








Also, here's how I did the cake. I had SO much fun! I have a lot to learn and experiment with, but that will come with time. I can't wait to try the next one. :)







I'm excited for Noah to be two all year long... I know that there will be moments when I will wish he's a year older or (more likely!) a year younger. But I just love watching him grow and explore. Two is going to be a great year! Bring IT ON!!!

Ma Na Ma Na,

Nicole
@>->--

Oh! And here's one of the FUNNIEST pictures I've ever taken of Abbie and Noah.. You can just see it in her eyes...

"Everybody loves Noah.... More attention for Noah... Yada Yada Yada... I'll be right here if anyone needs me." Ha!

4 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

Oh, I'm so grateful for this post! I have been wondering how the birthday party went. It looks like Noah, and all of you really, had a great day. He seemed to love his birthday party.

I love the last picture with Abbie. She really does look a bit perturbed, doesn't she? :)

So...does Noah like and fit into his new clothes? He seems to be carrying around his cars cup...does he like that too? I wish there had been an Elmo one...oh well.

Love you guys super tons much!


--Jamz

malinda said...

Cute pictures. I can't believe he is two. It seems like yesterday I found out you guys got your little Noah. He is so adorable. I loved the picture of Noah and the dog. Funny! Well I hope you guys get to go to Austrailia again soon. Just don't get to sea sick! Love Ya.

chaela said...

I LOVE that picture with Abbie at the end! I so get it.

That cake looks great!

I think my favorite part of the videos is when you ask Noah if he's going to eat his yogurt and he's just all, "nope." It was so matter of fact. I loved it.

By the way, Noah is cute and you guys are cool.

Brenda Scarlett said...

Great Cake! Looks professional!