Sunday, February 15, 2009

Noah's Bump & Curry

A week or so ago, Noah was running in the kitchen and his socks slipped on the tile when he tried to take a tight corner. He hit his head on the floor, but he's generally a pretty tough kid. Here are a couple of pictures of him holding the ice to his bump.



We were also inspired by Heather's blog post about Mom making the famous chicken curry when she was in town helping Brittany with the baby, so we decided to make some of our own to put Noah's "good eater" reputation to the test.

(Funny note about this pan we used for the curry: my parents gave it to me when I left for college after my mission, so I've had it for 10 years. I don't know how long they had it before that, but it has seen a lot of use as our "beater pan.")

We also experimented with pretty much anything we had in the house. I thought the dried mango was quite good and Nicole really liked the dried cherries. Green peppers and raisins are about the only things I'm unwilling to toss on there. To quote the great Alton Brown: Raisins are always optional.


He really did seem to enjoy it. We haven't found much so far that he wasn't willing to eat. He even eats the spicy onion ring sauce I make... but then he always drinks lots of milk. Hmm... maybe that's a good strategy to get him to drink all his milk?

~Kevin

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Noah is so cute! Your curry looks yummy. I agree - raisins are always optional.

Jaime Dubois said...

Poor Noah...socks and tile are definitely a risky situation. I'm sure he will have many of those "bumps" over the years. Also, your chicken curry has me intrigued! :)

Amy Simms said...

What's wrong with raisins? (: You are lucky to have a good little eater! My oldest son is that way too and it is so much easier than turned up noses and complaining at the dinner table!

Your birthday cake and party looked awesome and the picture with Noah and Abbie made me laugh out loud! SO FUNNY!