Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cookie Boobs


Christmas cookies are a long-standing tradition for us Stephenson-Smith's... Sweet buttercream frosting (my mom's recipe!), sprinkles, red and green sugar, red hots, and lots and lots of love.  Santa usually gets the creme of the crop, hand picked by everyone and laid on a special plate.  Rudolph's plate has a special place next to Santa's, filled with peanut butter and carrots.  But oh, the cookies...

Last year's cookies took an interesting twist.  Maybe it's because I had 2 month old twins and was pumping about 50 to 60 ounces of milk a day for the little sweeties.  Maybe it's because it was all I could think about and every hour of my life revolved around hooking myself up to that blessed little machine.  It doesn't really matter WHY it happened... I didn't even recognize that I was doing it until I took a closer look at the finished products later that day.  It was then I realized...  It was true.


I'd made cookie boobs.


No joke.  Can you spot them below?


Yeah.  And by some strange series of decorating events, I just happened to make them in sets of 2.  Whenever we use sprinkles on anything, I always lay down a plate for each of us in order to minimize the mess.  It just so happened that the plates I chose that fateful day were big enough to hold 2 freshly frosted cookies at one time and I always try to keep them coming so Noah doesn't get bored.  So I also ended up with 2 freshly frosted cookies on MY plate and decorated them together.

Kind of feel like you should look away, right?


...... (HEAVY SIGH).....

I didn't point out the obvious to Noah, although the look on his face does imply that he knew.

Outstanding.

2 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

Yup...you made Christmas cookie boobs! Hahaha! :)

Smith family said...

Just the title alone made me want to read your blog to see what you were talking about.....and photos to go with them. :)