Monday, January 24, 2011

Mister Awesome Nice Guy Dentist Man....


Noah went to the dentist for the first time in October! Well, actually he went to a different dentist for his very first time before that, but it was not a very pleasant experience. Let's just say that some people have no right to treat children and just because they have a game box in their waiting room does not mean that they are child-friendly. We left that office shaking, angry, and Noah was bleeding from the mouth after a very harsh cleaning. I was NOT happy and refused to bring him back there. At no point during that visit did the dentist or any of the assistants talk to Noah and teach him about his teeth, how to brush, and why he should care. I actually sat him down after we got home and told him that they did not treat him right there and I was sorry. If I had known, I would never have taken him to that place. I promised that I would find him a nice dentist next time.

And I did just that! Thanks to the recommendation from our friends Mike and Brenda (see their awesome blog HERE!), Noah now sees...

Dr. Johnson
... The most AWESOME dentist ever to walk this earth.


Of course Noah had to don his PIRATE attire for this special occasion, and the office staff and Dr. Johnson played it up so well. The assistant, Jessica, was outstanding! She said, "I've never cleaned a pirate's teeth before..." And she explained everything to Noah before he even came near the chair. She said that the light above the chair was their "sunshine," the rinser was their "water hose," the aspirator was their "vacuum cleaner," and she let little boy play with everything. He shot water straight across the room and onto the far wall, and Jessica laughed right along with him. What a difference...


Then Dr. Johnson came in and counted Noah's teeth and gave him a glowing report on his brilliant teeth. Of course, the good doctor used phrases like "Shiver me timbers" and "Aaaargh" and "hoist the sails, matey!" Noah ate up every minute of it. For his last act of kindness, Dr. Johnson put "frosting" on Noah's teeth (fluoride, actually) and told little dude that he had his permission NOT to brush his teeth again until the next day. Awesome.



Thanks, Doctor. You're the best. My little boy is already looking forward to April when he will see you again. Yes, he's been flossing like a mad man.

And I can't wait to see what he'll wear to his next visit....

Love,
A Grateful Mommy
@>->--


2 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

So glad that this time was a MUCH better experience. I need to find somebody that cool for Zach. Your post made me smile! :D

Emmy said...

I would want my son to have a dentist as awesome as Dr. Johnson. Noah looked pretty satisfied with his dental appointment. He looked so adorable when he wore a pair of sunglasses during the procedure. It made him feel even more confident. =)

- Emmy Summers