Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference tradition...


When Kevin and I lived in Provo, we enjoyed a grand tradition with our brothers and sisters who lived there as well. Every Sunday we would have family dinner, with sometimes 10 to 12 people scrunched into our little apartment with card tables and folding chairs. We packed into my galley kitchen like sardines and produced some pretty awesome meals if I do say so myself! But the REAL delight came every General Conference Sunday when we would feast upon BREAKFAST in between the sessions. Pancakes, hash browns, eggs, bacon, sausage (of both link and patty!), fresh orange juice, and jam and syrup for everyone. :)

Oh... Ma..... Goodness.

Then the sad day came when Kevin and I left Provo for the promise of educational adventure in Bloomington Indiana. Even though it remained just the two of us (well... and Abbie Mae) until we left that beautiful place, we continued on with our conference breakfast tradition. To this day, it is still one of our favorite things and we look forward to it every six months. We've mixed it up over the years and tried new things. One time Kevin made the most outstanding OMELETS ever! We'll have to try that one again. I think my parents were out here for the one... Anywhoo! Today we ventured forward with french toast, freshly-made maple syrup, and sausage links. Very simple but oh so good.

So, I'm just curious... Have you all kept up the tradition? Who had their conference breakfast today? Hope it was "a good time had by all...." to quote President Monson!

The Happy Chefs!


Heather, are you drooling yet?????



Perfection....


Powdered sugar, Baby!!!


Oh, and Noah actually put down his PIRATE garb this weekend... so that he could be a KNIGHT!



AND he's started to pick Abbie up and carry her around. This is new, but he's very careful and consistent. I trust him....


K, be good and have a great week! More posts soon. Sorry.... I've been distracted by a new calling. :)

Love,

Nicole
@>->--

5 comments:

Heather and Jason said...

Yes, I'll admit I was drooling staring at those AMAZING looking French Toast pictures. You know me so well. We did Blueberry muffins, hashbrowns, bacon and apple juice. Thanks for the starting the tradition.

Smith family said...

We had hash browns, waffles, orange juice, and thick sliced bacon. Yum!

Jaime Dubois said...

We had breakfast for conference too! Fried eggs, hashbrowns, toast with jam, sausage, grape juice...Jake made it all! It was a wonderful tradition that we have continued over the years. YUM!! :)

B said...

We did it too!!! I made monkey bread, a hashbrown/egg/bacon bake and sausage. I love conference weekend!

C said...

We invited ourselves over to some friends' and said we'd do the cooking. It was fabulous and of course we had to tell the story of how it all began....with our faves in Provo.