Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Go Mighty Cougars!!!


No matter where we go or how many schools we attend or live by that proclaim "Go Big Red!"...... We will always be BYU Cougars. :) This is the second chance that we've had to take Noah to see The Cougar statue that guards the entrance to the LaVell Edwards Cougar Stadium there in Provo. Both Kevin and I visited this icon in our full graduation get-up, just to get a picture of us giving him a high-five or patting him on the cheeks. In Kevin's case (I'll have to dig up the pix for you!) he got on his back and went for a ride! Yeah, I'll definitely have to find proof of that and post it when I get home. I promise, K?

In Noah's case, he decided to stick his hand in the cougar's mouth. Then he proceeded to count his many teeth. Funny kid.


We went to the BYU bookstore, a favorite past time. I was hoping that Cosmo the Cougar (BYU's awesome mascot) would stop by so Noah could meet him. But no luck. We left the bookstore with chocolate-covered cinnamon bears, some new Curious George books, and Grandpa treated Noah to his very first BYU hat!!! He LOVES it and looks adorable in it. Can't wait for football season to start.... But I digress. :)



We ended our trip to campus with a stroll through the Monte L. Bean Museum and a visit to the Bell Tower. I told Noah that if we timed it just right, the Bell Tower would play some music for us. Sure enough, we came near it just at noon and got to hear "Come, Come Ye Saints." I really miss the Bell Tower from my days at BYU. No matter what kind of day I'd had on campus, walking home and hearing the bells always brought a smile to my face. Unfortunately, Noah didn't want to be pulled away from the museum, so when we heard the bells, he was crying the whole time! Still, I think he enjoyed it. I hope....




In other news this week, Abbie Mae got stung on the nose by a wasp! Poor little thing. Her first sting as far as we know. She didn't swell at all and she seems to be fine, but it sure upset her! Noah and Abbie continue to crash next to each other every night and it's so darling. They love each other so much. :)


".... As we join in song, in praise of you, our faith is strong. We'll raise our colors high in the blue and shout the COUGARS of BYU!!!!"

Ra Ra... Ra Ra Ra,

Nicole
@>->--

2 comments:

C said...

Aww. We miss BYU. We can't wait for football season to start either.
I remember the pic. of Kev on the cougar. Good times.

Jaime Dubois said...

We have all had some good times at BYU. It's always fun to reminisce. I wish I could have joined you guys on your adventures that day, but oh well. Glad that Noah and Abbie are so comfortable at my place. :)