Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry and Bright


I know that it's January, but I have so much to post about our Christmas in Oregon! We had an amazing trip and made so many memories with Noah and our families. I would have posted these earlier, but the last few days have been kind of a blur. The SECOND we got back to Lincoln on Saturday afternoon, I took Noah to urgent care. Little boy has a double ear infection and sinus issues, all of which have given him a big BAD cough for the last week. Then we ran to Target for milk (and antibiotics... but not in that order!). Long story short, church didn't happen yesterday, but Kevin went to work this morning and Noah slept until after 9 this morning. Yay! I think we're on our way to recover. :)

Christmas morning was very bright, but not really so early. Noah was gracious enough to crawl into bed with us around 4:00am, but then we actually woke HIM up around 7:30 so that we could get the party started. Afterall, we had TWO families to be with that day and we wanted to enjoy every second with each one. Traditionally, on Christmas morning all of us would pile into Dad and Mom's bed and wait until they were ready for us to go the main room and see our presents and stockings. Each year we would all attempt to bounce Mom out of her waterbed with a great tidal wave as we each took turns cannon balling! I don't think the bed ever broke (to my memory) but they eventually did get rid of it. This Christmas we kept with tradition and sent Noah in to be with Gram and Grandpa while I waited with the camera for his grand entrance into the Christmas tree room.

He was pretty patient. I think he didn't know what to expect. We'll have to see what happens next year!


Santa brought our good little boy a new Buzz Lightyear (he is OBSESSED...). For the unwrapping, see the first video below.


This is when Sleeping Beauty met Buzz. I think they're BFF now.


Both of our families draw names for Christmas. It just makes things simpler. Thanks, Sean and Maren and Boys!!!


Abbie got some treats and a hedgehog in her stocking.


Sweet Christmas girl!


Kevin knows me SO very well. @>->--



Thanks, Sean and Maren and boys!!!


O-KAY. For the past few years, my parents have given all of us kids our Christmas presents in some sort of puzzle or brain-teaser device. Last year was a good one! This year was special because my dad had one of these when he was a boy and I think it's still at my grandparents' house. Anyway, it's a cube with a maze inside and you have to get the little ball through the maze in order to open it and get your Christmas reward. Here's Kev hard at work:



VICTORY!!!


Down time before breakfast. Abbie found her usual spot on my parents' couch.



After our time at my family's house, we got dressed and headed over to the Smith's for Christmas day. Noah's other present, this time from Daddy and Mommy (wink!), was waiting for him. Now Buzz and Woody were together again and ready to reek havoc upon both houses.... You heard me.


Here's Grandpa showing Noah how to work his new Toy Story game. Thanks, Clay and Britt and Mae - Mae!!!



No Red Ryder BB Gun, thank goodness. It was a wonderful day, and we all crashed at the end of it! Fortunately, we spent another week in Oregon burning off the sugar from our stocking treats and trying to keep all of Noah's new toys together. Both were quite a challenge!

Noah's big entrance and unwrapping Buzz:



This is how Buzz rolls...



This is for you, Sean and Maren!




The best part of this Christmas was Kevin's family being all together for the first time in three years. I think NEXT Christmas should be MY family's turn... Hint Hint Hint, everyone. Let's start planning! I mean, it's already January! K, calm down, Nicole. That was just Christmas sugar.


Still trying to find my house under Christmas decorations and suitcase contents,

Nicole
@>->--

3 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

What an amazing Christmas you had! I loved watching the videos especially. :) Wish I could have been there too! Glad you had a great time. Love ya!

Anna Winn and Family said...

I saw your mom the other day!! Sooooo great to see her.

Erin said...

We are planning on being in Medford for Christmas 2010. It's a date!!! Let's get Sean, Maren, Jaime and Jake on board.