Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mr. Cutie Pie Hat Head...


Hey All!

Well, it has been an exciting last few nights since my last blog. I'm happy to announce that Noah is now officially "detoxed" from his pacifiers and is loving life once again. Not that he ever hated life since Friday's game (see last blog), but he definitely was a sad SAD SAAAAAAAAD little boy when bed time came! It really only lasted for two nights and now he goes to bed happily once more. He definitely knew that they were gone, and for two nights he jumped back and forth between cussing me out and then crying out of his heartbreak. Now, I am NOT a "crying mommy." When Noah had his PKU's and all his shots and even when he needed blood drawn and catheters inserted at four months old due to a 104+ temperature, I didn't cry. I was calm and collected and just comforted him the best way I could. The nurses complimented me on my ability to stay calm and not freak out and have to leave the room. But when my sad SAD SAAAAAAAD little boy sobbed for his pacies, I came the closest that I've EVER come to crying myself! Mainly out of guilt that I was the one who took them away (and that it was 1 AM... again.), but mostly because I realized that he understood. I think he truly did understand why they went away, but he was just sad about it. And I've been there. I've been sad about a loss, and really all I wanted to do was cry for awhile until it felt better. So I guess it was just empathy! Then he would start to cuss me out again and I'd laugh and just give him hugs.

So the hard part is over and the era of the pacifier is officially over!!! Yay! And now I'm figuring that I have about 3-6 good months before we move onto potty training. Good times, good times...

Noah has this hat that Kevin gave him and he recently rekindled his love for wearing it. I'm surprised at just how much he wants to wear it. He even wore it into Sam's club the other day! I for one was not about to take it away from him (Please see above about being the mean mommy that takes things away!) Anyway, so here are some funny pictures and some very sweet pictures of Mr. Cutie Pie Hat Head. Behold as he empties my tupperware drawer onto the kitchen floor and then as we take an evening walk. He loves to play with his shoes as well and he can almost put them back on all by himself! Good times, good times... Enjoy!





Nicole

@>->--

1 comment:

Jaime Dubois said...

Noah is looking so grown up, tall, and not a baby anymore. I can hardly stand it because we don't get to see him much. I am so glad that you started this blog so that I could keep up with everything.

Also, your stroller pictures have fall leaves. As you know, I just love it! :)