Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget...



Noah helped his daddy put out the flag this morning. When I asked him to help, he wanted to know why we were flying the flag. It occurred to me that I've never told him about September 11th.

It's amazing how children just understand good and bad, right and wrong. I told my son that ten years ago this morning some evil men got on airplanes, took control of them, and flew them into buildings. The buildings caught fire and collapsed and many, many people died. So we fly the flag today to remember those that died. And to honor our country. He just looked at me and then asked a few follow-up questions, like how did they get on the planes, where were these men from, and why did they do that. You know, I did my best to answer him honestly. I think he just took it all in, and then helped Daddy with the flag.


I only had the dream of my Noah and his baby brother and sister inside me that day ten years ago. And I was frightened by what the world would hold for them if something like that could actually happen. But I now know that hope is real. And faith is real. So when despair comes, let there be hope and faith also.

God bless America.

And let us never forget.

2 comments:

Jaime Dubois said...

Amen, Sister! Let's never forget!

chaela said...

Wow, what a great post. And what a great mom!!!

Love you guys.