Thursday, July 22, 2010

"We Are Fam-ah-ly!!!!"


You have to say the title of this post as if you're singing it. "Get up everybody and sing!"

..... Anywhoo. Last weekend we made a 14 hour drive to BEAUTIFUL Logan Canyon, where there stands one of the most dear little cabins in all the world. My family practically grew up there each summer and it holds some of my most favorite memories of all time. Interestingly, I also have a recurring dream that happens about every 7 years that takes place at the cabin.... But I digress! My grandparents have had this cabin for as long as I can remember, and probably way before that. So many of us cousins are within just a few years of each other in age, so when we were little it was a grand ol' time at the cabin. We explored all the brush, creek beds, the river, and the cabin's loft to the full extent. Our imaginations ran wild. And so did my imaginary flying unicorn. BUT I digress!

So last weekend we had a Stephenson Family Reunion, and my dad's whole side of the family was able to come. A miracle considering that on my dad's side there is a baby girl well on her way and my brother in law is studying to take his medical boards in the next few weeks. But not only did he COME, but he took all the pictures for the reunion. Chad, you're amazing. :) It was so good to see everyone. Kevin and I finally got to meet our two newest nephews, Joey and Zachary. And we got to spend some time with our little niece, Savannah, who lives in Florida now. What a treat to see her!

Here are some pix of the good times and the insanity.


Hanging out at the hotel:

Gram, Grandpa, and "the 7 Dwarfs"... I mean, grandchildren!



Meeting Zachary...


Uncle Kevin, Savannah, and Zach



My brother Sean, Beautiful Maren, and Joey!!! We've waited over a year to meet that little guy.



My grandparents live across the street from a cute little elementary school with an awesome little playground. It was quite convenient for us cousins when we were younger! And even though the play equipment has changed many times over the years (thank goodness!) it is still a favorite past time to go play for awhile when we visit.



Zachary and his momma, Jaime :)



... and his daddy, Jakeman!



A quick picture with "Grandma Stephie"


At the cabin.... Oh yes.... THE CABIN.


Here's Miss Riss on the little swing. I LOVE these pictures....


I can't WAIT to see all the pictures from reunion. Priceless memories. I just wanted to share some of my joy with you for now. More later...

Love,
Aunt CoCo
@>->-

2 comments:

Kim said...

SO fun to see you all together. My how you've grown. What sweet grandchildren! MIss you Stephensons! Wish I could still come with you on your family trips :)

Jaime Dubois said...

Thanks for all the good times!! We really enjoyed seeing everyone and being all together. Love all of your pictures...and of course the commentary. Can't wait to see you in a few more weeks...AGAIN!!! :)