Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day


We didn't do a lot of fun and exciting things for Mothers' Day this year. When I asked Nicole what she wanted for breakfast-in-bed, all she wanted was a bowl of Lucky Charms. She's so funny ;) We were glad that part was easy since the rest of the day was pretty hectic. Both of us were teaching at Church, both of us had some new responsibilities, and then we volunteered to feed the missionaries dinner at the last second as we were leaving our meetings.

One of our little traditions is taking some pictures of Mom and the kid(s) before church. Noah was a bit less cooperative this year, but we still got some cute pictures on our balcony. I can't wait for next year!







Mother's Day is such a great holiday :)

~Kevin

4 comments:

Jeff and aimie said...

great pictures! lucky charms? is she afraid of your cooking? just kidding, aimie had cherrios. your family looks great, and your boy looks like a stud! Jeff

KaraLee Stephenson said...

Ok, so I admit it! I got a little teary eyed when I read the last line of Kevin's post. So glad that your family has been able to make peace with "Mother's Day". As you know better than anyone, it is a hard day for so many, including those who have not had the opportunity to marry and those who struggle to have children. You have been blessed so much!
Love,
MOM

families are forever said...

I love all the fun pictures of your family!!!
smile Danette

Jaime Dubois said...

Happy Mother's Day, Nicole! You deserve to hear that more than anyone. You are a wonderful mother, and I only hope that I can follow your great example someday. Like Mom, I'm so glad that you have finally found some joy on Mother's Day. I love you! :)