Sunday, December 14, 2008

This is how we roll!

So it's Christmastime. I understand how some of you living in more tropical locales such as Florida may have been unaware. It's -17 degrees right now once you include the windchill ( a downright balmy 5 if you don't). It was a bright and sunny 50 yesterday, so the sudden change was a bit of a surprise. I'm looking forward to tomorrow where we'll get back up to a high of 12 if we're lucky.

So, as I was saying, it's Christmastime. If you can't tell by the weather, you can tell by the treat-making. In the last few days we have made 12 dozen cookies, 6 batches of pomanders, and 14 pounds of fudge. Alas, Nicole is giving almost all of it away. I guess it's for the best but it's always tough to see those perfectly-"ripened" pomanders go out the door.

Crushing the "secret ingredient"

Demonstrating "how we roll"

This was a portion of the pomanders. We did two rounds of each color, so this is maybe 2/3 of them.

Fuuuuuuuuudge....

The cookies.

Another exciting thing we did this week was successfully cutting Noah's hair. I think it's the shortest we've done it so far and I think it looks pretty good.


And a bonus future blackmail picture just for kicks. At least he looks happy :)

Straight No Chaser

Now for a bonus for those of you who have held on this long, here's a video from Straight No Chaser, an a cappella group from our grad school alma mater Indiana University. They're pretty talented, and unbeknownst to me, apparently a youtube sensation (as evidenced by the nearly 9 million views of this particular video). You should check out some of their other videos if you have some spare time. I don't have the spare time, but I watched them anyway ;)




~Kevin

3 comments:

Erin said...

It's nice to hear from you Kevin. I wish I were the recipient of some of those goodies. Tell Nicole to come visit and make some yummies for me and Rissa (Chad doesn't really eat them...more for me).

Jaime Dubois said...

I can relate to the cold temperatures...okay maybe not that cold...we are only supposed to have a low of 12 degrees tonight. Sunday should have a low of 4 degrees. Yikes!

Also, love the last picture of Noah. He may come to appreciate that picture someday. :)

Also, also...mmmmmmmmm....pomanders!

That's all.

Amy Simms said...

Hello you guys!!!! I got your darling Chrsitmas card and fun letter. Your little boy is adorable! I love all the fun picutres you have on your blog. What a cute family.

Looks like your Christams preperations are coming along great! Seeing all those goodies and the Fuuuuuuudge reminds me of the good old days in Heritage Halls where Nicki was constantly making something yummy for all of us. Talk to you all later!!!

Lots of Love! Amy Jane