Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm on board the BLOG TRAIN!!!!



Yes, it's true... After months and months of reading and enjoying everyone else's blogs and thinking to myself "Huh, I should really do that...," it's official. I am now on the BLOG TRAIN! Chugga Chugga Choo Choo! I guess I resisted for so long because I was afraid that I would run out of things to say, and mainly because I knew that everyone was doing it and that they are hugely popular... a fact that usually keeps me away from certain activities just to spite the popularity of it all (a fine example: Harry Potter - I didn't read the first book until about three years ago and I still haven't finished #6 or #7). But it just makes sense to have a blog now that we have moved so far away from Noah's grandparents and so that everyone else spread across the country can see what we're up to!

And so, without further ado, I give you my tribute to BLOGS and BLOGGERS everywhere. For people who do nothing but blog all day long to those who think about blogging once every fiscal year... The following are quotes from some of my favorite movies, slightly changed to honor this fine new pastime. Enjoy! (And can YOU give the real quote????)

"Hey Luce, is this guy bothering you? Cause you know he's BLOGGING." - While You Were Sleeping

"Helen, let me tell you why I BLOG as a salesman..." - Tommy Boy

"I'm the BLOG of the world!..." - Titanic

"You're killing me, BLOG!..." - The SandLot

"This is left BLOG... Strong BLOG..." - Remember the Titans

"I am a BLOG of constant sorrow..." - O Brother, Where Art Thou?

"Honest to BLOG?..." - Juno (K, this was cheating since that's the actual line!)

"Life is like a BLOG of chocolates... You never know what you're going to get." - Forrest Gump

"If you BLOG it, they will come..." - Field of Dreams

"Oh BLOG, my BLOG!" - Dead Poets Society (Hint: it's the same word twice...)

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a BLOG..." - Gone With The Wind

"Who you gonna BLOG?" - Ghostbusters

And last but never least:

"Ba Bye BLOGS! Have fun BLOGGING the castle!" - The Princess Bride


I will end this very first posting on our new family blog with some pictures of the funny things kids do when we're not looking. And then if we're lucky, we have the camera ready when we notice what's going on! Presenting - Mr. Tupperware Head:


















BLOG you later!
Nicole
@>->--

14 comments:

chaela said...

I LOVE this blog! I have been a Smithologist for quite some time now, and I am so glad I have to go to less creepy measures to to my research. WooHoo!!! And what the H Noah is HUGE!!!!!!

Roni said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Come see us at bccmp.blogspot.com
Cami

C said...

Love you guys!!!!!

Terra said...

I'm glad you started one. it'll be fun to read about that little cutie of yours

Andrea said...

Love it! Welcome to blogging, looking forward to seeing more of you and your cute little family online. Visit us at thecomeaufamily.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Very neat! I love seeing the pictures especially and I look forward to more.

Keri Blue said...

Hey guys! This looks great! I love blogging because it is such a great way to keep up with everybody! Can't wait to see more!

AmyPoll said...

Welcome...I think that blogging is the only way to keep in touch, or rather updated on each others lives and families. I am in the process of turning my first year of blogging into a book...it IS my journal and the book is only about $40...it is surprisingly easy and I am so excited about it. Noah is so darn cute...congrats that all worked out. We were praying for you. I will send you an invite to our blog as I am going private.
XOXO
Amy (Weeks) Poll

Jaime Dubois said...

Okay...that is one of the coolest first blog posts I have ever seen. I have all but about 3 of the quotes, and I'm still working on it (they are just the ones that I didn't know right off). Very fun!

And...Noah cracks me up. He is pretty adorable, and I miss him already. Luckily, I get to see him in November. Yay for that!

Jaime Dubois said...

So...these are my answers to fill in the real words to those quotes. Great movies, by the way. :)

LEANING
SUCK
KING
SMALLS
SIDE, SIDE
MAN
BLOG...Ha Ha...very funny!
BOX
BUILD
CAPTAIN, CAPTAIN
DAMN
CALL
BOYS, STORMIN'

Well, am I right? Pick me, pick me!!! :)

KaraLee Stephenson said...

Love your blog! Mr. Tupperware man is adore-ah-blay!

Mandi said...

YAY!!! I am so excited you jumped on! Honestly, I felt the same way you did. I WAS NOT GOING TO START A BLOG! :) I just knew it would be a good opportunity for an easy journal. You are right about it helping the grandparents out too. You first post was hysterical! We can't wait to see more! :) We're glad all is going well for you!

Unknown said...

Have I told you lately just how darn adorable you are???

Missing you and our lunchtime rants. Jenn

Brianna said...

Welcome aboard...toot, toot (train whistle)